In September, Justin & I attended our Strong Bonds Marriage Retreat that his Army unit gave. It was held at The Sooner Legends hotel in Norman, OK and it was awesome! It was filled with useful tips & info on managing a strong and healthy (military) marriage. On the last day, we attended church and renewed our vows. It was so special...We even got to stay in the Barry Switzer room, that (as you can tell) Justin was VERY excited about.
We also took time to visit our family in an overdue trip to Tahlequah. We (along with our four-legged, furry children) left on a Saturday evening after Justin got off work and stayed until Sunday afternoon. It was a quick trip but it was well worth it & much needed. While Justin was busy bow-hunting, I enjoyed some quality time with our precious nephews, Cy & Lane.
We enjoyed one of the days we look forward to all year long, OU v. TX. We watched the game & ate some AMAZING food with The Kamermayers at their home. They were such gracious hosts :) After the game, we played Rock Band (duh!) & made Peanut Butter & Banana s'mores, how could it get any better, right? Thanks again Ryan & Amanda! We had so much fun :) BOOMER SOONER!
Last weekend, we went to Frontier City's Fright Fest with The Kamermayers... It was a blast! Being in the spirit, I got busy decorating our home for my favorite holiday...HALLOWEEN! We went to The Hill's Halloween costume party last night and it was so much fun! Spooky foods, games, drinks, and great people made for an awesome evening. Justin got really creative with his costume. He was Randy "Macho Man" Savage and made his costume, complete with paint, tights, combat boots, wig, baby-leg warmers (that acted as his sleeves), and streamers, while I was nice and boring as a witch :( My original plan of dressing up as Miss Piggy was short-lived when I realized that no costume stores had pig ears or pig noses (LAME). Justin was awarded the "Best Costume" award this wear that was given to him by Mike, his P.I.C. (partner in crime) for the evening who was dressed up as Hulk Hogan.
My coworkers and I :)
Laura (Cowgirl), Me (Cat), Katie (Princess Peach), Dawnyale (Bumble Bee), Leann (Punk Fairy), Dr. C (as an Oklahoma Redneck)
As many of you know, Justin is a HUGE hockey fan & his favorite team is The Buffalo Sabres. Well, when I found out that they were coming to Dallas, TX and playing the Stars at the end of the month- I HAD to find tickets for him. I got a great deal on them, and I surprised him with the tickets :) He has never been to one of their games, and we are so excited to go!

































No comments:
Post a Comment